If you’re on a weight loss journey, you might find many diet and workout plans to try. Some are effective, while others are not. Also, some are so rigorous that you may get tired quickly and fail to keep up with the programme. Not to worry, though. Caroline Girvan’s diet and workout plan are minimalistic and practical for everyone. You can follow her plan at your pace and still get the desired result. In this article, we’ll outline those plans to help you begin or continue your workout journey.
Who Is Caroline Girvan?
Caroline Girvan is a certified fitness trainer from Northern Ireland. Being a mother of two kids, she resigned from her previous job to focus on improving her health. She started a YouTube channel during the COVID-19 outbreak, where she shares how to keep fit at home with her family.
Surprisingly, her videos went viral, leading to new subscribers. Since then, she has felt inspired to do more workouts and share her journey with everyone. Today, her channel has two million subscribers with an average of more than 200 thousand views per video. Her fit body has motivated many people to change their lifestyles.
Caroline Girvan’s Principles
According to Caroline, the key to a healthy body is a balance of workouts, lifestyle, and nutrition. She believes everyone can do workouts, and it’s just a matter of will and consistency. She advises subscribers to modify her workout to suit them. Whether you do half of the steps or less, the catch is to keep pushing yourself and practicing until you can do it.
Meanwhile, she recommends doing your best for better results. As mentioned above, her plan prioritizes a balance between workouts and nutrition. According to her, workouts do not reduce fat in certain areas of your body, so you must incorporate good nutrition.
She also recommends two or two days of rest between workouts a week. Rest days are essential to help your body recuperate and do better. She also believes in 30 minutes of stretching each day and relaxation on your rest days to prepare your body for the next workout.
Lastly, Caroline uses time-based workouts for her routine instead of reps, as she believes workouts should be based on ability. It is also helpful for you to track your progress over time.
Caroline Girvan’s Diet and Nutrition
Caroline emphasizes that she doesn’t follow any diet regime but eats as healthy as possible. She recommended eating more on some days and less the other days. The key, she says, is to control portions. Her nutrition plan also includes lots of vegetables, lean meat, and whole grains, such as brown rice, instead of white rice, nuts and eggs.
Below are examples of her meal plan for the day:
Two slices of whole grain toast made into a sandwich with two boiled eggs and four slices of turkey bacon.
Chicken, ham, or tuna omelet with peppers, onions, and some cheese sprinkles. The sides are one egg and three or four white eggs with sliced avocado.
A beef steak, salmon, or grilled chicken, added with lots of vegetables, salad, and sweet potato fries.
Protein bars in various flavors.
- Banana and peanut butter on rice cakes
- Tuna and smashed avocado on rice cakes.
- Greek yogurt with granola, strawberries, blueberries, honey, and chocolate sprinkles.
- Two to three liters of water per day.
Caroline Girvan’s Workout Plan
Caroline has created a few workout programmes and sessions on her YouTube channel. She also provides a guide with briefings, schedules, and nutrition tips for each programme on her website. The programmes are available for free and accessible to everyone. Below are some of her workout series.
- EPIC Programme
This programme consists of EPIC Beginner Series, EPIC I, EPIC II, and EPIC Endgame. It is tailored for every stage, from beginner to advanced. You don’t have to follow the series order, but Caroline advises you to work up your body slowly according to your pace. The series is discussed in full below.
- EPIC Beginner Series: This is a 5-days series for beginners, with five workouts in one week. Each workout session is thirty minutes, and you can start anytime. The series aims are strength, balance, coordination, muscular endurance, and core stability before you advance to more intense workouts.
- EPIC I and EPIC II: Both are 10-week programmes with thirty minutes to one hour of workout time. The programmes are created for those experienced in dumbbell exercise, HIIT, and bodyweight exercises such as planks, squats, lunges, and push-ups.
- EPIC Heat: The programme focuses on working up your body at full intensity for thirty minutes. There are fifty workouts for ten weeks (five per week) to enhance strength, endurance, and high intensity.
- EPIC Endgame: This programme consists of fifty workouts in ten weeks, with five per week, between thirty to forty minutes each. It involves strength, endurance, and high-intensity workouts to target all muscle groups to build a stronger body and improve your fitness level.
- FUEL programme
This programme is a 6-week series, five times per week and thirty minutes in duration. It focuses on using your body’s “fuel” (stored oxygen and energy) during exercises. The sessions are also created following three body energy systems: phosphagen, glycolytic, and aerobic.
- IRON Series
This series consists of thirty workouts over six weeks at thirty minutes each. The series focuses on each part of your body and muscle, including the leg, upper body, glutes and hamstrings, arms and abs, shoulders and triceps, and full-body workout.
General Tips From Caroline Girvan
- Learn About Portion Size: Know how to estimate the calories you eat. Install a calorie-tracking app if necessary.
- Focus on Body Composition: Do not weigh yourself every day and get stressed over it. Instead, observe how you feel and how you have improved.
- Do Not Skip Stretching: Stretching before workouts are important to avoid injury.
- Take a Personal Progress Photo: Take a photo of yourself occasionally to track your progress.
- Have Fun Doing Workouts: Keep things interesting by changing your routine and increasing your workout intensity.
Whether starting or already advanced, you need to check out Caroline Girvan’s diet and workout plan. She is a fitness enthusiast who offers fitness and nutrition through her videos and programmes. All programmes are free, so you have no reason for you to hesitate.